Welcome to Linkbuilding.tv, this is a little collaboration between myself (James Agate, Skyrocket SEO) and Garrett French (Citation Labs). The plan is to turn this place into a real hub of genuinely useful and hopefully entertaining videos centred around the acquisition of links. So whether that be a fireside chat format with a peer, a full tool review, process walkthrough or a review of the latest book.
The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that this is the very first video we’ve posted here. For Garrett and I, it’s the first video of this kind that we’ve done and it is also our first time using VodBurner so please bear with us.
The video is just over 30 minutes but we think there’s some value in there for you, it’s just a little rough around the edges. We’ll get more polished with time but for now enjoy the raw lo-fi feel to the video
In this episode, Garrett and I discuss;
- The process Skyrocket SEO uses to prospect for link opportunities
- How the Link Prospector tool helps my team & how we stay ahead of the crowd when it comes to finding opportunities for our clients
- How we manage a team of link prospectors that are based around the world (and how we’ve created a 24/7 operation)
- An introduction to creating a team of happy, productive contractors to handle certain elements of the link building process
Resources from the video
- The Link Prospector Tool by Citation Labs
- Unmissable Local Link Opportunities
- The Contractor Calendar – excel spreadsheet download. Know when contractors around the world are on public holidays so you can be both a compassionate employer AND better plan the workload of your company.
- oDesk – Skyrocket SEO co-ordinates a large team of contractors for link research, here’s where we find the people to do it.
Join us again soon for more videos, something we both feel are somewhat currently lacking in the world of building links. You can expect interviews, tutorials, tool reviews and group sessions over the coming months and years. Oh and if we start to see some traction here, we PROMISE to put some more thought into making it look a little prettier around here
Leave your feedback in the comments!